- Medical and Health
- Special Report
- RSS Feed
Dubai: Shiruru Association, a congregate of people of Shiruru origin, a small coastal town of Karnataka, came into existence on June 22nd. It was inaugurated at a simple program held in Bangalore Empire Hotel in Karama, Dubai.
Noted businessman Mr. Mohammed Mustafa, director of M square engineering Co, Mr. Mohammed yahya Qazi, Dr. Hasan, Syed Abdul Khader of Green Valley Educational Institutions of Shirur, businessman Sri Vinay Kumar shetty were present on the dais. President of the newly formed committee Mr. Syed Ibrahim presided the function also.
Program started at about 7 PM with welcome speech by Sri Sharat Ram Shetty. Smt. Bhagya Sadan Das compered the programme.
Shiruru Association was then officially launched by unveiling the banner with Shiruru Association Logo. At this moment, all the committee members and guests were present on the dais and witnessed the inauguration.
Sri Sadan Das provided a brief introduction of Mohammed Mustafa. The objectives of Shiruru association intrigued me, said Mr. Mustafa, and I whole heartedly support these objectives. He then added, it is the duty of every expatriate to respond to the problems of his or her hometown, the concerned expressed by Shiruru association should spread to all towns and village of India, and wished all the success for associationís development.
A brief review about Mohammed Yahya Qazi was given by Mr. Subhash Shetty. Mr. Qazi said, today the youth, who have secured themselves good jobs must provide their helping hand towards the hometown problems. Education is must for everyone, all must give support to Green Valley Educational Institution at Shiruru in all possible way. Also he announced, his associates would conduct the yearly audit of the association free of cost.
Mr. Krishna Billava gave a brief introduction of great personality - Dr. Hasan. Every person from Shiruru working in Dubai must join the association and provide his support to the hometown, said Dr. Hasan. He then added, education is the real wealth, all must give their full support to provide education to every needy child in Shiruru. He expressed his happiness on the objectives of the association and wished all the objectives are be achieved.
The introduction of Sri Vinay Kumar Shetty, popularly known as Mr. V.K. Shetty was given by Sri Sharath Ram shetty. Mr. V.K. Sheety said, the moment we hear SHIRURU, we imagine national award winner Sri Narayana Shetty and Green Valley Institution, which highlighted the name of Shiruru in national leverl, said Sri V.K. Shetty. Shiruru still lacks basic amenities, and with all our support we could attend to at least few of them. Today we have planted shiruru association, I wish this will grow as a big tree, he said.
Later, Mr. Syed Abdul Khadir, Managing Trustee of Green Valley Educational Institute expressed his gladness towards the objectives of Shiruru Association. He then announced that the Ambulance vehicle with all necessary medical facilities shall be donated from DINA School (DINA Ė school for special education & rehabilitation, Shiruru) free of cost. Only the daily maintenance costs have to be borne by the patients. He also announced that drinking water facility has been established by DINA school and all people of Shiruru are welcome to get a free connection.
Later, all the sponsors and media representatives were thanked and presented with mementos.
It was Joy Fernandes, who organized few games for children and competitions for spot prized throughout the program. Many prizes were won by the lucky few, but Samad Mandu was the luckiest person. He won the grand prize of 32-LED TV by the raffle draw.
After the raffle draw, president of Shiruru Association, Syed Ibrahim said Shiruru is still far behind in development, and we all must provide whatever possible from our side, not to rely completely on government and panchayats. Today, Shiruru association came into existence with many objectives, one of which is to congregate the people of shiruru in Dubai. It takes regular supply of water, light and fertilizer for the seed to grow into a tree. Similarly, it needs your cooperation, support and mainly participation for the associationís growth, he said.
He then said, the longing to do something for the hometown is the prime inspiration to start the association. Today, shiruru has many problems. If we, the people of shiruru in Dubai join our hands, could solve at least few problems. We are optimistic about some of them as stated below:
1) Creating unity among the people from shiruru in UAE
2) Providing necessary information and possible help to deserving youth from Shiruru in getting better jobs in UAE.
3) Providing assistance and counsel to the people of shiruru so they can solve their problems themselves for a better life
4) Providing necessary financial help to those deserving people from shiruru during emergencies like loss of job, death etc.
5) Creating an atmosphere of one family among all people from shiruru during an annual congregation, thus promoting brotherhood, unity and seculrism.
Objectives planned for Shiruru development:
1) Planning to provide a much needed Ambulance vehicle for Town's Hospital.
2) Providing financial assistance to those eligible students who could not otherwise continue their higher education.
3) Planning to build a new hospital with all modern facilities and amenities.
4) Creating harmony, peace and brotherhood among the all groups of society of shiruru.
5) Keeping in constant touch with the responsible officers and representatives of government to maintain uninterrupted regular daily services like drinking water, street lights, cleanliness, good roads, bus services, electricity etc.
6) Extending helping hand to the educational institutions in shiruru to improve educational system in whatsoever manner possible.
7) Planning, discussing and executing the plans for Shiruru development which are vital but had no attention yet.
8) Initiating a feasible system to promote hygiene and clealiness in the town
9) Felicitating one person from Shiruru on their most deserving bestow during annual congregation.
10) To start a separate wing for women so they can also participate and serve in shiruru's development.
11) To appoint a deserving candidate to pay utility bills, arranging repairs etc for deserving homes in Shiruru.
12) Encourage students for better education with suitable prizes for high scorers in the annual exams.
13) Supporting at least two students from primary and high schools with highest scores with scholarships for higher education.
He then expressed his happiness on receiving the Ambulance vehicle for Shiruru. He said, the supply of Ambulance has completed one of the objectives on very first day which motivated us on our goals.
He also added, the objectives must not be left as paper statements, but we could achieve more than the said objectives, which is definitely possible by us, thus giving more to Shiruru. I wish all committee members will continue their support to the association, and thus to Shiruru.
Palatable dinner waited for more than 250 people from shiruru.
|Muhammad Gaus Syed|
| Being originally from Shiroor I feel happy over the formation of this Association (please confirm the name Shiroor or Shiruru as per records). Most of the members are well educated who have specific vision and goal for over all development of this village. Considering the area and population Shiroor is not less than a town, which has become popular by showing better results in the field of education. |
Generally residents of Shiroor are focusing much on personal interest rather than combined efforts towards social issues. So with the Association leading the social development we may hope to see better results in near future. The strategies listed in the report for this noble cause are going to be adopted stage by stage with co-operation of all. I strongly support the planning of a decent hospital preferably at Shiroor market, which may fulfill the needs of locals as well as people from Bhatkal. At present we are depending on Kundapur & Mangalore for any emergency medical treatment that is not within easy reach. We the Sahilonline readers wish you every success in this social work.
|Posted On : Wednesday, 27 June 2012 02:14:19 IST||Report Abuse|
| Congratulations to overseas residents of Shirur that they have launched a movement in Dubai to make SHIRUR ¬†as one of the best destinations in the Uttar Kannada.best part is the association is born with an aim of unity, harmoney and participation to all. I have no doubt that when at a future date when history of Shirur and the region will be recorded, this association will never a top spots who have conceived and executed an idea, most town still struggling. I would like to congratulate Janab Abdul Qadir 'Bashu Bhai', the visionery , Syed Ibrahim saheb, the first president of the association, Shri Ramnath Shetty and Shri Bhgyan Das, Janab Yahya Qazi, Jb Mustafa, Jb Dr Hassan saheb and each and every member for taking the initiative to make it realized. I am particularly pleased that the first act is health care and providing Ambulance services to its residents. I hope the association will ensure that their programs will include:|
- making sure that Shirur is 100% literate in next 10 years time
- Shirur becomes a model town which is very concious of Clean encironment, better law and order situation, good social conditions through regular orginasition of Socila programs which promote hormones and good understanding of cross culture for tolerance in societies. I would expect the new president Jb Ibrahim Saheb to reach out to other Socila outfits of Bhatkal, Ganguly, Murseshwar etc to develop a regional base for good liaison for a common goal that is welfare of our region. This how nations are build.
Once again many congratulations for a new beginning, you have to long way..... Good luck
|Posted On : Monday, 25 June 2012 21:22:11 IST||Report Abuse|